Metabolomics Scientist in Nutrition
Date Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009
Nestlé Research Center (NRC) located near Lausanne, Switzerland is one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences. With 700 members of staff from 50 nations, NRC has a strong position in the international scientific community supported further by 332 outside scientific contracts and 240 scientific publications in 2007 (learn more about the NRC on www.research.nestle.com).
NRC has an excellent reputation in food and nutrition research that has benefited consumers for over a century. By bringing together its knowledge in Nutrition and Health, Food Science, Food/Consumer Interaction, Food Quality and Safety, Nestlé opens the way to develop Good Food and Good Life: to offer tasty foods that procure health as well as pleasure for our consumers. In this global and multicultural environment, Nestlé, a food, nutrition, health and wellness company aims to work with the best scientists in the world.
To support its research strategy, the BioAnalytical Science Department at the NRC is seeking a: Metabolomics Scientist in Nutrition who will work within the Metabolomics & Biomarkers group.
- Analysis of biological matrices (biofluids, tissue, cell cultures) on 2 high resolution 600Mhz NMR spectrometers using both liquid and solid-state (HR-MAS) setup.
- Use one-/ and two-dimensional NMR experiments, mainly using proton and carbon-13 spectroscopy, to identify metabolites. When needed, use chromatographic systems (SPE, HPLC) to purify new metabolites prior to NMR structure elucidation.
- Leverage scientific expertise in designing new clinical trials for Nutritional Metabolomics.
Required profile: - PhD in Biochemistry / Chemistry / Biology or associated fields with demonstrated skills in the field of metabolomics.
- Strong expertise in the application of NMR spectroscopy to the analysis of small molecules including metabolomics and/or structure elucidation or organic compounds.
- Experience in the application of NMR for metabolic pathway analysis and their biochemical interpretation.
- Experience in the NMR analysis of labelled compounds would be an advantage.
- Able to interact with a multidisciplinary team of statisticians, bioinformaticians, biochemists and nutritionists.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Project management skills with a vision for innovation
- Open-minded team player
If you are interested in being involved in demanding and innovative projects within one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences worldwide, then apply with us (complete application including CV, cover letter and references is mandatory) now on www.careers.nestle.com./
Requisition ID 3191.
Further Information: http://www.careers.nestle.com