Tuesday, July 10, 2007
As the Account Manager for NJ Region you will use your savvy sales skills as you join a growing Sales Team within Stratagene - An Agilent Technologies Company.
Working under limited supervision, you will be responsible for managing accounts within a defined geographic territory, with emphasis on key accounts.
- Driving sales of key products and executing corporate sales programs within assigned territory in order to meet business goals.
- Utilizing selling tools to deliver product presentations
- Developing, building and maintaining cross functional client relationships
- Identifying and calling on higher levels within key accounts (PI's, Department Heads, Director of Research)
- Increasing account penetration by leveraging 3rd party distribution channels (e-commerce, laboratory distributors) where appropriate
- Developing and implementing successful territory business plan, to include completion of Key Account Plan for appropriate accounts.
- Gaining and demonstrating thorough knowledge of territory, to include complete and accurate profiling of Key Accounts, competitive strength/weaknesses, and opportunities
- Providing constructive feedback from customers to Agilent to help guide continual development of products that more effectively address customers' needs
- BS/MS in Molecular Biology or a Life Sciences discipline, or equivalent.
- 3+ years related direct sales experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully selling against a quota.
- Experience in selling instruments in an R&D environment. Experience in QPCR sales a plus.
- PCR Instrument & Reagent product competency.
- Demonstrated business development and sales closing skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in team selling.
- Comfortable interfacing with senior managers within your customers.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
Geographic Locations: NJ Region Travel = 25% of the time