Pre/Post Sales Applications Scientist -LCMS (Small Molecules)
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
We are seeking an enthusiastic, people-oriented Pre/Post Sales Application Scientist for Agilent's Life Science and Chemical Analysis (LSCA) Business to maintain Center of Excellence for our "high-end" cutting edge LCMS Product Portfolio.
In this role you become the champion of the Center of Excellence to our Americas Field Sales Team and a liaison to Marketing Groups in the Solution Units -Chemical Analyses, Proteomics, Consumables, LC, etc.
You will interact with Product Managers responsible for Sample Prep, consumables and MS, as well as, sales personnel in an effort to drive business. Project management skills will be essential as you organize the Center of Excellence as a primary source of the integrated LC/MS solutions for external customers.
- Partnering with the LSCA Sales Team to provide technical and applications assistance in response to customer inquiries for Trap and QQQ small molecule applications.
- Conducting in-house demonstrations on Trap. Chip Cube LC, QQQ and TOF for small molecule MS applications and assist the sales team in developing an end-to-end solutions sales to meet the customer's needs
- Providing application and performing product demonstration to showcase our state of the art mass spectrometry products at Product Demo facility (Centers of Excellence).
- Interfacing with customers in problem solving using Agilent products that includes running customer samples and feasibility studies.
- Conducting laboratory exercises and on-site consulting to customers in supporting the sales team.
- Contributing in the development of new proteomic applications for the Mass Spectrometry product line including writing application briefs to highlight product capabilities and making contributions to recognized scientific forums, including written, oral and poster presentations.
- Promoting Agilent's high-end LC/MS products and aiding in the training of Sales Force, as well as evaluating, and providing feedback to management on new products prior to release.
- Providing reports on activities in the field on a regular basis to Product Marketing and monitors technical trends in the proteomics markets.
- Preparing and presenting technical seminars to customers, potential customers and works with Agilent's Product Specialists to aid in the development of technical sales strategies.
- BS/MS degree in Chemistry or Biology or Biochemistry or equivalent, PhD preferred
- 5+ years hands-on experience in the field of Mass Spectrometry - Experience in Triple Quadrupole DMPK, small molecule applications and other LC/MS/MS technologies desirable.
- Industry experience specifically providing pre/post technical support for a sales organization or providing technical seminars to an audience is a plus.
- Prior experience supporting major pharmaceutical analyses is strongly desired
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communications skills
- Strong project management experience skills with a lab environment are highly desirable.
- Available for flexible work schedule and business up to 25% business travel.
Geographic Location: Santa Clara, CA
Travel = 25% of the time