Tuesday, July 10, 2007
Agilent Technologies is a world-wide leader in mass spectrometry, with powerful, reliable LC/MS, GC/MS, and ICP-MS solutions for applications as diverse as discovery of cancer biomarkers and quantification of contaminants in soil and water.
As supervisor in the test area of LC/MS production, you'll lead a team that is producing high performance liquid chromatograph/mass spectrometer instruments. In addition, you'll lead the production team in the manufacturing of Agilent's DNA Microarray Scanner, which is used for Genomics research.
The successful candidate will:
1. Supervise process, skilled and/or technical manufacturing employees responsible for routine tasks to achieve LSCA Order Fulfillment objectives.
2. Maintain close and effective communications with Manufacturing Engineering, Procurement, Product Support, R&D, Finance and other key areas of internal operations.
3. Establish functional business plans and technical project objectives to meet the short and long term goals of the Order Fulfillment organization.
4. Meet financial targets for assigned area of responsibility.
5. Ensure that group complies with quality standards such as ISO and meets safety requirements.
6. Recruit, select, train and develop production personnel. Hire and manage external temporary workers according to Agilent guidelines.
7. Maintain metrics and takes appropriate individual and team actions to meet goals and operate within limits.
8. Actively support organizational initiatives (e.g. Order Fulfillment Operational Plans) and ensure activities within the group and teams are aligned appropriately.
9. Implement Agilent Policies and Guidelines and communicates relevant information to people in department.
10. Manages according to Agilent's corporate values and philosophies.
Agilent Technologies is a global, diversified technology company, with 20,000 people focused on creating instruments for the communications, electronics and life sciences industries.
As an employee at our Wilmington, DE site a wide variety of unique options are available to you: flexible work hours, on-site cafeteria and fitness center with a variety of classes, basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts, and more! You will also be able to participate in a number of different community volunteer projects.
We are located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia; just 2 hours drive north to New York City or south to Washington, DC. There, we have 800 people inventing, designing, building and marketing products that dominate the market for chemical analysis. Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security.
Agilent will not sponsor work authorization for this position.