Date Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009
Nestlé Research Center (NRC) located near Lausanne, Switzerland is one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences. With 700 members of staff from 50 nations, NRC has a strong position in the international scientific community supported further by 332 outside scientific contracts and 240 scientific publications in 2007 (learn more about the NRC on www.research.nestle.com). NRC has an excellent reputation in food and nutrition research that has benefited consumers for over a century.
By bringing together its knowledge in Nutrition and Health, Food Science, Food/Consumer Interaction, Food Quality and Safety, Nestlé opens the way to develop Good Food and Good Life: to offer tasty foods that procure health as well as pleasure for our consumers. In this global and multicultural environment, Nestlé, a food, nutrition, health and wellness company aims to work with the best scientists in the world.
To support its research strategy, the BioAnalytical Science Department at the NRC is seeking a: Metabolomics / Laboratory Technician who will develop analytical techniques using LC-MS(/MS) and GC-MS to support the mass spectrometry platform for targeted metabolomics applications.
- Ensure execution of sample preparation for quantitative measurements of targeted classes of metabolites in various biological samples (tissues, body fluids) using spectroscopic methods (LC-MS(/MS), GC-MS). .
- Maintain good quality level of data delivery and ensure adequate traceability of results.
- Technical qualification (apprenticeship or equivalent) in Analytical Chemistry.
- Demonstrated skills in biological sample preparation and analysis using liquid (gas) chromatography techniques coupled to mass spectrometry.
- Strong knowledge in separation techniques, MS theory.
- Knowledge in metabolomics would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of English and French is necessary.
- High motivation.
If you are interested in being involved in demanding and innovative projects within one of the leading research laboratories in food and nutritional sciences worldwide, then apply with us (complete application including CV, cover letter and references is mandatory) now on www.careers.nestle.com/
Requisition ID 2755.
Further Information: http://www.careers.nestle.com