Director/VP Sales and Marketing
Date Posted: Monday, December 17, 2007
The Vice President / Director, Sales & Marketing (position commensurate with experience), will join the senior management team at GeneVivo, an Ann Arbor based start-up.
GeneVivo utilizes a proven, proprietary technology to develop transgenic animals. The Vice President, Sales & Marketing, will be responsible for generating top-line growth and leading all sales and marketing activities for the company. As Vice President/Director, Sales and Marketing you will also provide leadership to commercial strategy & commercial organization infrastructure development.
- STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT: Develop, present and implement a world-class sales and marketing strategy. Collaborate with development on the life cycle plans for products. Play an integral role in the strategic development of the Commercial organization.
- PROGRAM EXECUTION: Motivate, assess and align the organization to meet the goals of the long-range plan. Ensure that all sales and marketing programs, campaigns, and alliances are executed effectively and efficiently. Build business case for marketing plans including market dynamics, competitor review, product characteristics, consumer segments, positioning, and performance tracking. Ensure compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT: Provide input to the product development process. Support the design, development, and implementation of products including positioning, and communication.
- FUNCTIONAL LEADERSHIP: Build, develop and lead a high performance sales and marketing team. Represent the best interest of these teams on cross-functional teams. Responsible for talent evaluation and selection. Drive sales and marketing organization's pursuit of excellence.
- BUSINESS LEADERSHIP: Provide input and support as part of senior management on strategic, sales and operating issues. Create effective partnerships with peers and key stakeholders.
- RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Cultivate and maintain relationships with thought leaders, key customers and professional organizations.
- COMMUNICATIONS: Ensure all sales and marketing communications are coordinated, support plan objectives and are an effective expenditure of resources.
Experience Requirements Bachelor's degree in Science, Business, Marketing or related field; MBA preferred. A minimum of 10 years of business development experience, including identifying and validating strategic business opportunities in the biomedical research field is required. Solid marketing and industry experience. Sales experience required; sales management extremely valuable. Proven track record of achieving targets and financial goals and delivering business growth. Ability to mentor, motivate, and contribute to the professional development of commercial staff.
To apply please send your Resume to email@example.com
Further Information: http://www.genevivo.com