Date Posted: Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Griffin Analytical Technologies, LLC is a high-tech, high-growth chemical detection company focused on identifying chemical warfare agents and explosives as well as environmental monitoring applications. In Griffin's dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, field - portable mass spectrometry technologies are: researched, designed into robust products, manufactured on site in Indiana and sold to customers in the United States and throughout the world. Customers range from the United States Departments of Defense and Homeland Security to mobile environmental monitoring vans in China. Though the core technology of all Griffin's instruments is the Purdue University patented Cylindrical Ion Trap (CIT), each of our products is tailored for particular customer markets.
Griffin wants people to be as innovative as our products so the Research Scientist position allows for in-depth research, discovery and problem solving related to leading edge investigation of novel sample collection, sample introduction, ionization, gas chromatography, mass spectrometry and other technologies supporting instrument and application development constantly pushing Griffin further into the chemical, explosives and bio detection markets. Collaboration is also encouraged and highly valued at Griffin, thus providing many opportunities to work with other functional disciplines, technologies and companies. Our science team members work closely with our engineers and our manufacturing personnel to achieve superior results.
Critical Job Elements:
- Perform R&D in the chemical, explosives and bio detection areas.
- Assist with identifying funding opportunities and generating proposals.
- Interface with research collaborators.
- Participate in the development and testing of proof-of-concept/prototype equipment.
- Carry out evaluations of Griffin hardware and software in the laboratory and in the field.
- Develop and test new application methods.
- Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Chemistry preferred
- B.S. with 5+ years experience considered
- Instrument development
- Familiarity with chemical analysis methods
- 2 or more years of applicable experience in mass spectrometer operation and development preferred
- Familiarity with mechanical and/or electrical engineering desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) skills required
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High energy, proactive orientation
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with team members and customers
- Comfortable in a dynamic, entrepreneurial atmosphere
Send resume and cover letter to: Recruiting Manager email@example.com
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Further Information: http://www.griffinanalytical.com