LC Columns R&D; Scientist
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Want to be at the cutting edge of Research and Development? Join the team that's taking world-leading Agilent products from design to production. You will apply your experience in porous fine particle technology and/or your training in colloid science, material science, polymer chemistry or inorganic chemistry to design novel separations media consisting of porous particles and/or alternative morphology's.
This requires an understanding of fine particle technology, including how to design, make and characterize them. You will thoroughly test and qualify these new medias for use in high performance and/or preparative liquid chromatography applications and support the transfer of these new products from the R&D lab to full scale production. I
n addition, you will be expected to:
* Learn and develop your project management skills.
* Manage Projects as appropriate according to the Agilent Project Lifecycle for new product development.
* Participate on Project Triads as R&D representative.
* Maintain a safe working environment and follow all Environmental, Health, and Safety regulations.
* Submit and present technical presentations at scientific symposia, trade shows, and customer sites (on request).
Our Little Falls, (Wilmington), Delaware site, is located midway between Baltimore and Philadelphia; just 2 hours drive north to New York City or south to Washington, DC. There, we have 800 people inventing, designing, building and marketing products that dominate the market for chemical analysis.
Our products are frequently behind the headlines in the news, from environmental regulations to new drug discoveries to Homeland Security. Agilent will not sponsor work authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or equivalent and 5+ years of research and/or production experience making liquid chromatography media or a Masters or PhD in a Chemical Engineering or Chemistry degree program or equivalent with research experience in colloid science with an emphasis on designing and making fine, porous particles or other macro/meso porous media
- A positive, proactive approach to problem solving in your graduate research must be demonstrated and an eagerness to build a pioneering career in R&D are just as important.
- Strong and demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral, including fluency in English are a must as well as the ability and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Experience in at least one additional area of material science, polymer chemistry or inorganic chemistry is strongly preferred.
• Travel = 10% of the time
• Job Requisition = 2017835
Further Information: http://www.agilent.apply2jobs.com/?FuseAction=mExternal.showLogin%26rid=2017835%26sid=374