miRNA Product Manager - Genomics Solutions Unit
Date Posted: Monday, June 25, 2007
As a Product Manager you will join a growing team within the Genomics Marketing Team, designing and implementing marketing strategies for solutions to establish and extend Agilent''s presence within this competitive arena.
You will join an integrated team of R&D scientists, Computational Biologists, Software Developers, and Sales and Marketing professionals who are working at an accelerated pace to commercialize new life science solutions.
• Interacts with key customers to identify needs and limitations of existing experimental solutions.
• Defines product strategy and identifies product value propositions, features, positioning and pricing plans to meet stated revenue, profitability and market share objectives
• Leads a cross-functional team, comprised of Research & Development, Life Sciences Industry Marketing, Manufacturing, and World Wide Field Sales and Application Scientists to develop new products and to ensure smooth new product introduction.
• Manages the product lifecycle to achieve project revenue & unit sales goals
• Analyzes customer, market and competitive data to identify customer need and areas of opportunities and to test customer acceptance
• Interfaces with R&D, Manufacturing and Sales to develop new products
• Develops detailed product definitions and requirements for R&D/Product Development
• Responsible for launches of major new products and major product improvements
• Decides on need for product enhancements in ongoing product management
• Works with Market Managers, or Segment Managers to provide inputs to Marketing Program Managers for outbound program development
• Develops pricing strategy, establishes the reference price and proposes discount guidance to the field for a new product
• Works with Market Intelligence Specialists and/or Marketing Data Analysts, to conduct competitive analysis to determine product positioning, market segmentation, channel mix, pricing, volume, product service/support strategy and customer needs
• Understands market trends and opportunities, customer business issues and solution requirements within a targeted market segment to develop need assessments and propose business and solutions strategies
• Identifies and participates in discussions with collaborators and/or third parties
• Develops and delivers product training
• Determines timing for obsolescence and end of support
• Delivers scientific presentations to both internal and external audiences (e.g., meetings, tradeshows, customers, etc.)
• BS in biology, biochemistry or molecular biology, related discipline or equivalent. Advanced degree (MBA, MS or PhD) highly preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant industry experience in program and project management for rapid growth life science genomics products with specific experience with miRNA and small RNAs highly desired.
• Track record of success in use of marketing skills and market knowledge to define and commercialize products that result in business success and experience in working with global customers.
• Technical knowledge of genomics techniques (e.g., array based applications such as Gene Expression, miRNA profiling, siRNA, etc. and other techniques such as PCR, QPCR, RT-PCR, SAGE)
• Must exhibit traits of teamwork, creativity, planning and organization, and flexibility.
• Ability to work independently to plan, prioritize workload, schedule time, assess and solve problems
• Proficiency in pricing and forecasting
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong evidence of customer focus and customer advocacy.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and comfortable presenting to senior individuals both internally and externally.
• Must have flexibility in working hours and available for 25-30% business travel.
-Geographic Location: Santa Clara, CA
-Travel = 25% of the time.
Further Information: http://www.agilent.apply2jobs.com/?FuseAction=mExternal.showLogin%26rid=2019510%26sid=374