Global Marketing Manager - LC/MS Business
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007
Agilent Technologies Life Science Chemical Analysis' (LSCA) LC/MS Business defines, develops and commercializes leading industry products to serve the Research, Pharmaceutical Development and Manufacture, and Chemical Analysis markets.
That team also has primary responsibility for penetrating the Proteomics and Metabolomics markets. The Global Marketing Manager for the LC/MS Business uses industry and technology knowledge and marketing management expertise to develop winning competitive strategies and drive successful product and solution development and commercialization.
- Contribute to the Strategic Leadership of the overall business
- Create a shared market strategy for LC/MS business horizontally and specifically for the Proteomics/Metabolomics business.
- Contribute to the activities and objectives of the LC/MS Staff and Business Team
- Contribute to selected strategic initiatives at the IBS and LSCA level Develop the Marketing Organization to deliver excellent results
- Define an effective organization and how it can evolve with growth
- Attract, train and retain the right talent for the team
- Motivate and monitor team to consistently meet or exceed plans.
- Delivers results directly and indirectly the department resources to deliver on the right mix of the product marketing activities~
Inbound Marketing Activities
- Contribute strong customer and market insight to the product development process;
- Manage the specification of LC/MS products that will be competitively differentiated and that provide clear guidance to R&D
- Lead the definition of Proteomics application solutions (including reagents, SW, sample prep products, etc.)
- Manage the effective collaboration of the marketing department with LC/MS R&D and with internal and external collaborators.
- Manage practices that bring that market and customer information in continually.
- Provide guidance on the important markets for Intellectual Property protection.
Outbound Marketing Activities:
- Manage successful launches of LC/MS product solutions into the market, including elements of account planning
- public relations, channel preparation
- service and support preparation
- Participate and manage your team's execution of demand generation
- Develop new product training programs for regional teams to ensure up to date information is transferred to the global sales and application teams in a consistent manner
- Manage the definition and ongoing delivery and improvement of relevant e-business content and capabilities, and product support to customers.
- BS/MS degree in Life Sciences or equivalent, MBA highly desired
- 10+ years experience in a progressive management role leading a team in the development and implementation of business strategies of complex cross functional marketing functions (e.g. marketing, business development, product marketing, marketing channels, and/or marketing communications, etc.).
- 10+ years life science industry experience coupled with 5+ years direct comprehensive LCMS industry experience.
- Proven track record of results in developing, driving and maintaining business relationships with industry influencers and pivotal customers to build brand identity and preference.
- Excellent communications skills, strong management skills and proven success in leading complex cross-functional global teams.
Location: Bay Area/Santa Clara, CA, USA
Travel = 35% of the time
Job Requisition : 2016327
Further Information: http://www.agilent.apply2jobs.com/?FuseAction=mExternal.showLogin%26rid=2016327%26sid=374