Application Engineer/ Implementation Specialist - BioInformatics Platform
Date Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007
Take the lead to maximize profit and revenue in the exciting new high growth business of BioInformatics.
Leveraging Agilent's world class BioInformatics platform (http://www.chem.agilent.com), you will have the opportunity to use your Project Management skill, your Technical skills and your customer facing knowledge to a new level as a senior Application Engineer in the Global BioInformatics Services Delivery Organization.
Be a key player for a company that is a market leader in delivering innovative technologies, solutions and services to wide range of customers in Life Science.
Here is what you will be measured on:
• On time and on budget implementation of BioInformatics platform (Client Server) for Pharma and Biotech market.
• Effectively leading and monitoring large scale Projects where implementation, integration and customization of our software platform will make Agilent a main vendor within the customer's infrastructure.
• Support global delivery organization as key technical resources and main point of contact for all support escalation.
• Manage relationship of assigned customer account.
• This Account liaison role will make you accountable for customer satisfaction, renewal and awareness of Agilent's future plan and evolution.
• Work closely within Professional Services Organization to provide complete solution to customer.
• Ensuring customer satisfaction through maintaining senior customer relationships and supporting sales and marketing.
Qualifications : .
- BS/'MS Degree in Computer Engineering, BioInformatics or other related discipline or equivalent
- 5 years experience in the Pharma industry demonstrating rapid skill development and progressively increased
- 3 years experience in customer facing activities with a customer-first mindset! - Technical experience in implementation of Client-Server base technologies.
Preference if experience in:
- Pharma/Biotech market.
- Relational database /Oracle Database knowledge required; Oracle certification highly desired
- Exposure to formal Project Management process (like PMI); with ability to demonstrate knowledge of formal project management process and its implication
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional global teams .
- Ability for up to 50% business travel
Geo Location: Anywhere USA near a large metropolitan area. Travel = 50% of the time
Job Requisition : 2016258
Further Information: http://www.agilent.apply2jobs.com/?FuseAction=mExternal.showLogin%26rid=2016258%26sid=374