Senior Applications Scientist
Date Posted: Friday, February 02, 2007
The Company Nomadics, Inc., a division of ICX Technologies, Inc. is a technology-driven company with a strong reputation for cutting-edge research and development. Nomadics actively pursues R & D efforts in areas primarily related to homeland security, biodefense, and the life sciences. The company is based in Stillwater, Oklahoma and maintains laboratories there as well as in Oklahoma City and Cambridge, MA.
The Opportunity We currently have an opening for an applications scientist based out of our laboratories in Cambridge, MA. Nomadics has several products that utilize surface plasmon resonance to measure the kinetics and affinity of biomolecular interactions. The newest instrument, SensiQ, was introduced last year and has attracted considerable attention.
The applications scientist role is quite varied and includes: .
• Assisting customers in the development of their application chemistry .
• Assisting and training customers with data analysis as it pertains to affinity and kinetics measurements .
•Troubleshooting customer inquiries as is necessary
• Supporting marketing efforts at major conferences
• Presentation of data at customer sites and major conferences
We are searching for an individual with the following education and skills:
- PhD in protein biochemistry, biophysics, molecular biology or related field.
- BS/MS may be considered with relevant experience
- Experience in protein assay development such as ELISAs, luminescence and fluorescence based-assays, etc. is a minimum requirement.
- It is highly desirable that the individual have experience in kinetic and affinity assay experimental design, ideally using surface plasmon resonance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work closely with R & D, marketing, sales, and project management to insure a high level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
Nomadics offers a very competitive compensation package which include medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as 401K and life/disability insurance.
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further Information: http://www.nomadics.com