Software Engineer - Informatics
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2007
Agilent Technologies provides industry-leading informatics products to life sciences researchers. As a software design engineer you will join a talented team of scientists and software professionals in Agilent's Life Sciences and Chemical Analysis business (LSCA). As a member of the Informatics team you will use your in-depth knowledge of software development to design and implement bioinformatics solutions.You will apply your knowledge and experience in system design, implementation, Java development tools and methodology, third-party tools and libraries, and performance optimization to the design and development of end-user software. You will work in a cooperative environment with a multi-disciplinary team.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- 6+ years of relevant professional software development using Java, its tools and methodologies.
- Good grounding in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures.
- Systems architecture and technical lead experience. Highly desired:
- Development experience with web-based technologies, including Java servlets, html, Tomcat.
- Development exposure to new technologies such as Hibernate, Spring, Tapestry, JiBX, and AJAX.
- Expert working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS, SQL, and PLSQL. Geo
Location: Santa Clara, CA Travel = 10% of the Time Requisition # : 2015758
Further Information: http://www.agilent.apply2jobs.com/?FuseAction=mExternal.showLogin%26rid=2015758%26sid=374