Research Fellow Position in Computational Biology/Bioinformatics
Date Posted: Monday, May 22, 2006
BIDMC Genomics Center is looking for individuals to lead the activities of its Bioinformatics Core.
Responsibilities include conducting collaborative research with groups working with the Center, developing and maintaining Center's web portal, developing and applying computational algorithms to analyze genomic and proteomic, and other whole cell assay data, actively participating in grant/article writing. The candidate is expected to have outstanding personal initiative and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
• A PhD or MSc in computational biology/bioinformatics, computer science, engineering, physics, math or relevant scientific discipline.
• Experience with genomics, proteomics and especially microarray analysis (preferably the Affymetrix system) is desired.
• Must have demonstrated proficiency with some combination of the following technologies: Perl, Unix, SQL, PHP, Java, C, or C++.
• Experience with relational databases is a plus.
• Candidates who are willing to work in an exciting environment on the cutting edge of genomics and proteomics are encouraged to apply.
Please send a CV, a brief description of previous research and the names of three references to the address below.
TOWIA A. LIBERMANN, PH.D. Associate Professor of Medicine BIDMC Genomics Center and Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center Cancer Proteomics Core
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center,
Harvard Institutes of Medicine,
2nd Floor 4 Blackfan Circle
Further Information: http://www.bidmcgenomics.org